Favorite Pics

Monday, September 1, 2008

Camping

Since we decided to buy a camp trailer this year we thought that it might be a good idea to actually use it before summer was completely over. Although the trailer does look mighty good in my driveway, it is destined for sure to be in the mountains. We have affectionately named it the Sunchaser. It's a real bute. However, when Trav pulled it around front he found himself a little surprise left over for him in the freezer. It was a bag of chicken that had been left in there since our last camping trip which was in June. No seriously, I couldn't walk within a 20 foot radius of our trailer without wanting to hurl. Trav said it was my fault but I am holding my own saying it was his because, well it just is. Anyway, the two of us (mostly Trav due to my hurling issue) spent the entire day trying to rid our camper of this horrific smell. We did pretty good. Used a whole bottle of Clorox bleach, lit candles, the works. The smell was minimal, but still there a bit if you stood in just the right spot. We opted not to use our refrigerator because as long as it stayed shut we could survive.

So off we went. Happy Campers. As usual, by the time we got to our designated camping spot none of us were speaking much. We decided to find Tyler and Netter down at the river to take a little float. The river was low this time. You actually had to lift you kiester off the tube to keep from hitting rocks. It was slow and easy. Way different than our previous experience. There were tons of people, again much different than last time, which I am thinking may all be related to the speed and depth of the river. For sure! It was way fun. We left to go back to the campsite where Travis and Tyler managed to jerry rig a bridge to get us across to the optimal campsite. I couldn't watch. Secretly I may have been hoping that the stinky sunchaser would take a dive and we could claim it on our homeowners insurance. We all made it! And the campsite was great. We had a blast up until Sunday afternoon. We were having our little Lava mountain sacrament meeting and we just about got blown off the mountain. We weren't even sinning. Then the rain came. It rained, and rained, and rained! In fact, the rain even started a little river at the base of our camp. Not a problem unless you are trapped inside a tiny trailer with four restless kids. I really was worried I might go insane. Finally Kendi, Kassidy and I went to watch Nemo in the truck. Kendi and I fell asleep and next thing you know it was dark and freezing cold. We put Kendi to bed and I really did try my hardest to stand around the campfire but I was shivering so much I was afraid that I would fall in. In my defense this was a wimpy fire which was not very warm by the way! Trav's parents came up Sunday night just in time for the rain. They were the only ones who did get stuck on the bridge! Oops! They decided to stay down a little lower than everyone else which was a good decision. Their trailer is new and they probably wanted to keep it dent free on it's maiden voyage. Monday morning was very cold but at least not raining. We ate breakfast and then slowly packed up and headed out. Here are some pics. Notice that yes, Kendi is still in either her pj's or her swiming suit. We did make her wear her clothes over the swiming suit, but it was usually her pajamas. Oh well!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

This is Nate, and I could read your posts all day, you crack me up.