Favorite Pics

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sweet Lacy Jae

My heart is so full today. Full of thanks and love for my family. Full of gratitude to my Heavenly Father for his plan. And SO thankful for the knowledge I have that families can be together forever. This is my niece Lacy. She passed away last night at about 10:00 p.m. after struggling for over a year for her little life. She was born in a body with a heart and lungs that didn't function right for whatever reason and so we watched her fight as hard as she could until the very end. Lacy is such an ispiration to me. This sweet little girl would hardly ever cry. She was so loved by her Mom, Dad, and two brothers who will be very anxious to see her again some day. I sat with her yesterday and watched her family love her while her mom held her ALL day. Her dad rocked her to sleep last night and sang I am a Child of God to her as she passed away.

Sorry for being so personal, but I need to write what I am feeling right now because I really feel like my heart might burst. What I really want to say is that Lacy is a Celestial Spirit. She is literally in the company of her Heavenly Father right now. That is so amazing to me. She just needed to get her little body, however challenged it may be, so that she could get back to where she came from. I came home last night and just wanted to hug and kiss my kids to death. I felt so grateful for their health and strength and for all of my many blessings. I am thankful for Lacy, that I had the chance to know and learn from her. In times like these more than ever I am grateful to know that familes can be forever.
I sat in the Twin Falls Temple this morning during the first dedicatory session and I was overwhelmed with the spirit that I felt. It hit me like a ton of bricks what a blessing the temple is to us and why. It seals us together as forever families. What an amazing blessing! I am so thankful for my family.

2 comments:

Chelsie said...

What a sweet child! She was just one of those spirits that needed to come and get a body. Things like this just make you so gratefully for your family and for the gospel. What a trial to go through. All of you are in our prayers. We love you so much!

Garn said...

Elise, thank you so much for sharing. We lost a son last fall. We lost him 6 months into Jodi's pregnancy. Tell Joy that our hearts and prayers are with her and her family right now. How lucky they are to have known Lacy if even for a short time here on earth. Thank you for your testimony!