Favorite Pics

Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Campers

Doesn't the dirty face say it all?

So...It has been a while since I have updated and I thought that I had better write about our recent camping adventures. For our family reunion last week we went camping up at Lava Hotsprings. It was a total blast! There were a few death defying experiences but other than that we all did pretty well. I have to say that I think that my life tends to be a comedy of errors! Or is that just being a mom?? As we were getting ready to leave my Saydi says , "Mom, my cheek hurts." I look over at her and sure enough she looks like a chipmunk. We had to freeze everything, call the dentist and hope that we could get things taken care of quickly - which we did. She had an absessed tooth. I am thinking in my head REALLY?? Of course. Everytime I am walking out the door one of my kids gets hurt, throws up, or ..... gets an absessed tooth. Anyway, we did get her taken care of and the rest of the trip was great. We camped in cowpies, jumped off rediculously tall platforms, and almost lost a few going down the Lava River. Just so you know - YES!! you do need life jackets if you are going to float this river!

Only Jordyn would think to do a toe touch while plumeting to the great water below. Crazy girl. Takes after her dad!

1 comment:

Chelsie said...

What fun huh? Life is never dull with the Burtenshaw clan around.