Favorite Pics

Sunday, June 15, 2008

My Dad

So - It's Father's Day today and so I thought that I would write a quick tribute to my Dad, who I believe is the best in the world. I am so blessed to have the example that I have in a father. My dad is one of the kindest, most generous, and fun people that you could ever meet. I can't tell you how many times I have known him to reach out to those who are struggling. He has such a big heart, which makes him such a great bishop, and always presses foreward with an optimistic attitude. I remember as a kid if I ever complained he would say,"You know what I always say don't you?" Then I would moan, and he would say,"Chickens one day, feathers the next." In other words, it's all good. Growing up I used to love to take long walks with my dad. We could solve the problems of the world walking up and down those canal banks, and I recieved many words of wisdom on those walks. I love to go walk with my dad to this day. His advice and council is invaluable to me. My dad is SO funny. He is always doing something to make everyone laugh. (Poor Darla!) He is so much fun.

My dad is a SUPER grandpa. We went to Disneyland with Dad and Darla this fall and we had such a blast. I think that dad had more fun watching his grandkids more than anything else. Kassidy rode on his shoulders the whole time! I love my dad and am so lucky to have him as a father and friend. Love you dad! Happy Father's Day.

2 comments:

Chelsie said...

Oh yeah! I am not really sure that enough good can be said about him. He is pretty great!

Emily said...

Go Dad!